Gum Disease Treatment
At Dental Perfections, we pride ourselves on being proactive in the treatment of periodontal or gum disease, and always screen for it at every examination.
Like everything, if you catch the disease early enough, you can prevent more costly treatments and are in a better situation to keep your teeth for a lifetime. We provide non-surgical treatment and maintenance of periodontal disease.
Preventing Gum Disease
According to the American Dental Association, there are a variety of factors that can lead to gum disease, including:
- poor oral hygiene
- smoking or chewing tobacco
- crooked teeth that are hard to keep clean
- medications, including steroids, certain types of anti-epilepsy drugs, cancer therapy drugs, some calcium channel blockers and oral contraceptives
The ADA also recommends immediately scheduling a visit with your dentist if you experience any of the following symptoms:
- gums that bleed easily;
- red, swollen, tender gums;
- gums that have pulled away from the teeth;
- persistent bad breath or bad taste;
- permanent teeth that are loose or separating;
- any change in the way your teeth fit together when you bite, and
- any change in the fit of partial dentures.
To learn more about gum disease, please visit MouthHealthy.org, or visit our gum disease FAQ.
Make an Appointment Today!
If you have any questions about Gum Disease Treatment or would like to make an appointment, please call us at (262) 473-7217 or visit our appointment page to schedule a visit. We look forward to hearing from you!